09 May 2011

Happy Birthday, Mother

I read


Happy Mother's Day
Happy Birthday, Mother

... therefore, I think!

I know, I know you will think that I am a day late !
But I am not!
Today is NOT the day of all mothers, it is MY mother's birthday!

I always make sure to make this day a special day!

So I thought, what is special to my mother that I can share with you?
I've picked 2 things, easy things. My mom does not like complicated things so ... 

The first one, puzzles.
My mom loves jigsaw puzzles. She and I have done a LOT of thinking together sitting around a table just putting pieces together and chatting of nothing and everything. It is an activity that I like doing with my mom, we are relaxed, concentrated but not enough to not take time to talk, discuss, debate, laugh ... together. When that happens, we are just the 2 of us together. I love it.

Last year in November I was in a used store looking for a costume to wear a a party ... and ... stumbled on jigsaw puzzle. I bought 3 of them for my mom ... 2 easy ones: 1500 and 2000 pieces, and another one to keep her busy for a while ... 4000 pieces. I know it is crazy!
So here here are 2 of the 3 ...
1500 pieces

4000 pieces



The other thing I want to share is a VERY simple recipe.
My mother loves fish ... fish cook simply.

Wild Alaskan Cod in Light Batter


Ingredients:

  • 2 x 100-150g of cod filet
  • Floor, enough to coat
  • Oil
  • 150 g of mushrooms
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • Dried, celery leaves to decorate

Preparation:
In a small plastic bag, put enough floor.
Add the one filet at a time, close the bag and shake to completely cover the filet with floor.

In a non sticky pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook fish on one side (about 3 minutes) or until golden.

In separate anti-adhesive pan, add one Tbs of oil and cook mushrooms and onions. Reserve.

Flip the fish to other side and add the cooked onion and mushrooms to the pan. Cook the fish another 3-4 min, or until golden. Add the celery leaves. Serve with rice or a salad.
Do not over cook (flesh will dry up.)

Source: Me Mama Cabeza

2 commentaires:

JJP said...

Allo la belle! Tout un retour, avec le soleil en plus ;-)
Au plaisir de te lire (même en anglais!)

SylvieinMontreal said...

Merci! J'espère que ce sera tout aussi intéressant pour les lecteurs!

Post a Comment