30 May 2011

Almond bites alike

I read

The editor of Self defended the magazine's practices, saying that women want retouched images and heavier models don't sell magazines.

... therefore, I think!

I do not.
When I read this on the internet, I thought Humphhhhhh that is soooo superficial. that was until I started to read the Elle Canada magazine of February 2011.

So I am at the Maple Leaf Lounge in Toronto waiting for my flight to Japan. There are magazines available and often take some on the plane with me. One, they are free and two, it's a 12-hour flight, so I have time to go through every single page. 

... and then I arrive on page 12! and what I see?? THIS.
I do NOT Photoshop myself, but I am so used to see "perfection" in magazine that I had to actually double look and this mannequin to "see" what was wrong ... and then I saw. The right leg (the one on the left in the picture). I do not know if a case of Photoshop gone bad or what but ... I would sue! 

I am so shallow ... sorry.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa !
Legs liek Rocky Road ice cream or ... these below.

Almond and Chocolate Bites


Prep: 15min     Serves: Many many
Cooking time: 10 min + 1hr cooling  

Ingredients
1 pack of Graham wafers (half a box)
2/3 cup sliced almond
1/3 cup nuts chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter

Preparation
Preheat oven at 350F, with the grill in the center.

Arrange the wafers on the bottom of one big cookie sheet. Sprinkle the almonds and nuts.

In a pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Bring to boil et cook for 2 min, until you get a thick syrup. Pour slowly on the wafers.

Bake for 10min. Cool down for about 3-5 min, sprinkle the chocolate chips and cut while it is still hot (it will become to hard to cut.) Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.

Source: hum, mostly Ma Cabeza and Inspired by a recipe in coupdepouce.com

2 commentaires:

Berthoise said...

Wafer ?
Pour le reste, j'ai à peu près compris.

SylvieinMontreal said...

Berthoise si tu veux la recette je te l'envois en français. Pour les wafers ... va voir

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_F5JnvyAQGtM/ShMzSnuT87I/AAAAAAAAQoc/DC-qvXotElI/s1600-h/Photo-16283.gif

Post a Comment