08 May 2011

I'm Back and Kicking !

I read

Mon excès de gratitude a eu raison de mon enthousiasme. Ce phénomène est connu des psychologues: à trop remercier, on finit par se sentir redevable.
Gratitude, Attitude, David Hochman, Sélection Déc. 2010

I translate as: 
My excess of gratitude killed my enthusiasm. The phenomena is known by psychologists as: by thanking too much, we end up feeling beholden.

... therefore I think!

I am BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK !

and thank you! thank you ! thank you!
OK I said it. So many people have asked me when I would be back online.

I have to say that I have gone through a drought: mentally, psychologically and physically.
It was like if I felt obligated to write, that I was owing it to you all. Suddenly, no joy and what had to happen, happened. NO, absolutely, no imagination. I was trying but as soon as I would get to the blank page: nothing.

I am not sure what has really happened, but after the earthquake in Japan I felt drained, totally empty.
It's like a part of me drowned in the Tsunami, to a certain extend guilt??? I know it does not really make sense but that's how I felt for a while. Maybe one explanation is that I was there 2 weeks before and not all that far from there, less than 250km. Suddenly you know that your life has a finality, an end and that when your time comes there is not much you can do about it.

So after a while, I did not know if I wanted to continue. I ended up posting that I was coming today ... but nothing was coming at all until ... do not ask me what I am not sure, but I think it was Friday night driving back from JLau ... I had a real great time. Lots of talking. Introspection, you know girls' talk ??? Well, sometimes more than a pair of shoes comes out of it. 
The next morning, I called my mom to tell her that I love her (I do it often, but that morning it was different). I cooked for my friend SC and her family and worked outside on my property. That night, I knew what to write about. I remembered what JJP had told me the week before, write about what you like and have fun doing it.

Isn't great? a great concept no? Do what you like !
Me me me me me ! 
Sometimes being selfish is not selfish.

2 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

Way to go girlfriend!!! Do what you like and write about it only when you feel like doing it! Pas de pression, juste le plaisir d'écrire! Bon retour sur ton blog. JLau

SylvieinMontreal said...

Ah Merci.
Je suis bien contente d'être de retour ... ça en dit plus long que ça en a l'air ...

Post a Comment