04 July 2011

Gruyere Turnovers

I am just back from visiting

SWITZERLAND

... therefore, I think!

That it would be a good idea if I would offer you an excellent recipe that I had just made before I left on my trip made with "local cheese" from Switzerland !

It was kind of a coincidence that I had made these turnovers just before my trip and would have offered them during my trip, but I had forgotten ... the picture at home!

This is a very very easy, quick and tasty recipe. Try it.

Gruyère Turnovers
Prep: 25 min     Cooking time: 12-15min     Servings: 32 pieces

Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
salt
3 Tbs butter
125 g (1cup) Gruyère, grated
3/4 cup milk

Preparation
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, pepper and salt. Add the butter and work the preparation with 2 knives or a pastry cutter until the texture is similar to fine crumbs. Add half Gruyère and blend well. Add milk in three portions, mixing in between. Shape the dough in a ball and knead as needed.

On a surface lightly floured, roll out dough to 1/4 thick in a square of about 10 inches. Brush the dough with a little milk and sprinkle with cheese, pressing into dough (with the roller.) Cut into 16 squares, then cut in half diagonally (32 triangles.) Place triangles on two lightly oiled baking sheets. Place a sheet on the top rack of preheated oven at 400*F and the other on the lower rack. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until turnovers are golden (invert the sheets halfway through cooking.)

Reference: Coup de Pouce, May 2011

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment