12 August 2011

Holt Renfrew

I am 

again at the Air Canada Lounge
... and have found new magazines.

... therefore, I think!


So for the second week in a row, I HAVE TO share with you some fashion clothes that I could not pass by!
JJP, I think I have found your Christmas dress ... maybe you could make it !

I took a bunch of magazines and was about to leave behind the Holt Renfrew behind, but that would have been a real mistake. I have found things that I could certainly buy ... if it was not so darned expensive!

For you who do not know about Holt Renfrew, here is a little history.


With a small assortment of caps and hats, William S. Henderson of Derry, Ireland, arrived in Quebec City in 1834. He joined the retailing firm of Ashton and Company in 1835. After buying controlling interest in 1837, he renamed the company after himself, and opened a store on rue Buade.
In 1849, Henderson started selling furs, and three years later, sold the shop to his brother, John Henderson. In 1860, G. R. Renfrew, who had been an employee, bought a partnership, and the firm became Henderson, Renfrew & Co. In 1867, John Holt bought out Henderson's remaining interest, and the company eventually was renamed Holt Renfrew & Co. Ltd. in 1908.
The company built a reputation for furs that was solidified in 1886 when the firm had the honour of being appointed "Furrier-in-Ordinary to her Majesty" by Queen Victoria. The company eventually received five generations of Royal Warrant.
The company expanded to Montreal, and in 1889 it extended into Ontario with the opening of a Toronto store. Stores followed in other province from 1910 to 1953.  The chain also opened outlets in some of the country's most notable hotels, including the Royal York, the Château Frontenac, and the Château Laurier. More stores open from 1964 to 1975.
In the 1930s, the company began entering into exclusive accounts with some of the best designers in Europe and the United States to sell their fashions in Canada. In 1947, Holt Renfrew began a relationship with Christian Dior and his "New Look" that continues to this day. Many well-known upscale designers have since been added.
So here is what I found for you and me!



From office to dinner !

Just too cute, don't you think ?

Perfect for traveling !

... just because ...

JJP at work !

JJP at Christmas !

... and now for me ...
Love the cape !

This is just me !
... and the grand finale !
HAVE this dress in black and just a bit shorter (above the knee).
I have not been able to wear it in few years!
My dream: wearing it at Christmas 2011
My goal: wearing it at Christmas 2012

Goal: Christmas 2012



2 commentaires:

JJP said...

Oh so lovely! Tout est superbe! Il me faut trouver une façon de les avoir ;-)
Peut-être en me fixant un but comme toi? En tout cas je t'encourage car cette robe en dentelle (?) est craquante.

SylvieinMontreal said...

Le but fait parti du 50-50 !!!

Post a Comment