10 August 2011

Visiting Berne, Switzerland

I travel in Switzerland

... and have stopped in Berne

... therefore, I think!

I was thinking of giving you a tour of Bern and then looking at the pictures I took that they were probably the same ones that you could find about anywhere on the internet. You visit a town, you do not reinvent the wheel ... you picture whatever is there, so you probably see the same as any other visitors. 

So today, I have decided to share pictures of unusual things I had the pleasure to see during my visit in Berne. Things that have made my trip different.

I have visited Berne on a Saturday.
You know my love for food and cooking. As I was walking in the old town (and I was not taking pictures of doors) ... I visited the "farmers' market" ... at Münstergasse (meat specialties) and Bundesplatz Märit (fruits & vegetables, flowers). Imagine me seeing all this beauty !






I have also visited some near by food stores ... just because ...A superb Italian specialty store in Bern ... I have bought some pasta, because they were just too beautiful ... I will cook them and present them soon.
Ferrari, Bern

Gigantic Morels !

Pasta! Pasta! Pasta!


 ... followed by a quick stop for chocolate ! Being in Switzerland an d not stopping once would be a sin.
So I did not pick any one, no no ... I've stopped at Confiseur Läderach.
It was not only good for the palate but also for the eyes!



Chocolate Factory

... and you can get very expensive Hot Dogs and Fries!




Going from there, I've walked toward the Aare river ... and found other fabulous things!

Many cities are starting to have these types of fountains. They are pretty and when it is warn, it is a lot of fun to just watch the kids playing with the water.





 I was mesmerized watching these 2 couples who have exchanged partners the time of an impromptu tango!




... and to end it all, I had the chance to see an air show over the city from:

Swiss Air Force
Patrouille Suisse
F-5E Tiger II

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment