26 August 2011

Weird people

I read

Online, things are so much more civilized. You can hide, run away. If your current brand is demolished, you can change usernames and relaunch.

Social Media, Alberta Views,
Fred Stenson July/Aug. 2011


... therefore, I think!

You know that they say that you do not have a second chance to make a first impression? Well, sometimes, I wonder what people are thinking.

So ... let me share with you a funny evening ...
Every year, I like to attend at least one show of the Just for Laugh Festival in Montreal. It is straight downtown, so I arrive a bit early, walk around, take pictures, sit down and look at people; sometimes it is even funnier than the stand up comic that I have paid to see !

We have all heard of the plumber's crack, if not, just type it in Google and you will have a variety of pictures some funny, some sexy, but you will get the gist. We are often seeing in men as not so pretty and in women as kinda sexy ... but sometimes, just sometimes ... it is not! Here is my first pic: OK, you may wonder why and how I took this picture without being seen ... but that is a completely different story.


Cracking up at the Just for Laugh Festival

Then, there is the couple that goes out and WANTS to be looked at. They are dressed to make a statement. They know they are different, they want to be different and if you do not notice them ... they would not be happy.

This couple is SO so out of ordinary people that you cannot miss them. 
They are different but in a way you can just admire them to be so bold and sure of themselves.
At first, I took pictures of them from a distance but ... I took my courage in both hands and yes ... walked to them ... Believe me not ... they were VERY happy that I wanted to talk about them here! 
The eyes, man, the eyes! Beam me up Scotty!



When I thought I had seen it all for one night, I grabbed a bite and headed for the show.
... and I still do not understand why a grown up man who has some sort of success in his career (in show business) would agree to go on stage in underwear the size of a Speedo !


The Naked Cowboy

Yes, that made people laugh ... what can I say ... a "small joke" always make people laugh !


I had a wonderful evening !

2 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

After working for one week at the CEGEP, I see people/students with different distinct styles such as trash, gothics, etc. I feel old and sometimes even old fashion!!! JLAU

SylvieinMontreal said...

Oh JLau, mais nous sommes "vieilles" ... ces jeunes gens pourraient tous être nos enfants! mais de là à dire "old fashion" non non non ... je dirais peut être un look "classique" mais pas kétaine.

Post a Comment