13 June 2011

Shepherd vs Shepherd


I read,

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me ; your rod and staff they comfort me.

Psalm 23

... therefore, I think !

Ho yes, when I look at THAT Shepherd (see Grey's Anatomy) he could make make me lie down "anywhere"! Forget quiet waters and think steamy waters, even hot waters! I shall not be in want ... easy said easy done if the shepherd would be an ugly duck, but that's so not the case. So in want I am ! I am sure I could scream Oh my God a few times ! 

My soul will not only be restored but also refreshed, a real re-birth!

I will not even go into the link between Shepherd and my meatballs recipe! Spicy!

Shepherd’s Stew With Meatballs

Prep: 30min    Cooking: 30min    Servings: 8


Ingredients:

  • 2 onions
  • 1 lb ground (beef)great with lamb too)
  • 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
  • 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley, divided
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup panko (or ½ cup regular bread crumbs)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
  • 3 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 400°F.


Grate one of the onions and combine with beef. Add garlic, 2 Tbs parsley, spices, salt, pepper, eggs and panko to a bowl; stir to combine. Shape into 30 golf-ball-sized meatballs; chill for 15 min if you have time.

Bake meatballs on a greased sheet pan for 20 min or until browned and firm to the touch.

Chop remaining onion. Heat oil and sauté onion, celery and carrots over medium heat until tender, about 8 min. Add tomatoes and broth: bring to a boil then cover and simmer 20 min.

Add cooked meatballs and remaining parsley.

Source:  Canadian Family
p.s. Please no hate mail, I do NOT blaspheme HIS name. 

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment