24 June 2011

Tango in 0–60 mph (0–96 km/h): 4 seconds

I read

The Tango is an electric car no wider than a motorcycle, with a passenger or luggage space located tandem-style behind the driver. It is so narrow that four Tangos can fit in a normal-sized parking lot. Despite its precarious looks, it has a very low centre of gravity and will stop faster, accelerate quicker and corner faster than anything else on the road. It may look vulnerable but it has a carbon fibre body shell and a race-approved roll cage structure which make it a very safe, capable and environmentally responsible vehicle.

... therefore, I think!

There are things that you would like to see more and that does not happen ..

In February 2009, I was in Redwood City, going to Trader Joe's.
... when I saw this "weird" car !
I had never seen one and I have not seen one since ..
Here is the one that I've seen on El Camino Real ...


It  looks like it has been squeezed !

From behind

So what is it with Trader Joe's? I am not exactly sure why, but I love this store. It is one of the things that I am missing from living in the States. There are some in Mass, but none close to the borders, say in Vermont or upper state New York.

Trader Joe's started in 1967, It's 356 stores and counting, half of them in California with the majority in Southern California. Trader Joe's promises that anything with a "Trader Joe's" logo contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives, contains no MSG or trans fats, and is sourced from non-genetically modified ingredients.

It is a grocery store but not a mega store. Instead of gazillion of items (a regular grocery store may have 50 000 items), TJ has about 4 000 of them and about 80% being TJ brand. They cut the middle man making it possible to lower prices.

Things that I like at TJ, the Olive Tapenade, the Ginger Spread (great for cooking or spreading), nuts, cheeses, some wines (from California or New world) ...

... and to stay in the "weird" mood ... the crew wearing ... Hawaiian shirts !!! That's bold!

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment